Welcome to the official Blog for the University Archives at the University of West Indies Mona. This repository is a component of the integrated Archives and Records Management Programme of The University of the West Indies. This blog is entitled The Roots of The West Indian Pelican, in tribute to the archival records of the UWI. The Pelican is a significant symbol for The University of the West Indies and the University Archives are the documented roots of our institution. Through this blog, we hope to chronicle our duty of care to the roots of the UWI, while encouraging research into our fascinating history and institution.
The Roots of the West Indian Pelican will feature:
- Announcements and news about the University Archives.
- Historical photographs and interesting documents from the University Archives and other collections
- Information about some of the materials being processed by the University Archives
- The work of the archivists
- The dynamic field of archives in the Caribbean and the contributions of the University Archives to archival development in the region
- Anything else that may strike as interesting and related to archives or the history of the University in general.
Please feel free to comment and ask questions.